Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Life lessons from a 2 yr old..

So this morning, on my very early morning run, I got to thinking. I decided that if I could be any age again, I would want to be two:) After spending the last two weeks with my little nephew Micah, I have come to realize that two year olds have life figured out. They play, eat, play, eat, sleep a little, and then repeat the cycle. It is not a bad life. I am also envious of the fact that the word "calorie" has no meaning in Micah's world. He doesn't think twice about eating a double chocolate donut from Dunkin Donuts. The biggest concern in his life is leaving his cars unmanned while Chloe is on the prowl because she is NOT allowed to touch his cars. He only has 1,000 cars...obviously not enough to go around (He will honestly walk around picking up every car in Chloe's path to ensure that she does not end up with one).

But, on a serious note, you really can learn great lessons from observing little kids. They have that "no worries" attitude that makes life a lot more fun. Micah was not worried about rejection at the park yesterday when he followed a little girl around like he was her shadow. He had a job to do, and that was to find a new friend to play with. He wasn't afraid to do whatever it took to get the job done.

In all honesty, being two again is not something I would really want. I enjoy drinking coffee way too much to go back to an age where it is not allowed;) However, I would like to steal some of Micah's zest for life, and I would also like to adopt his practice of asking lots of questions. Curiosity is a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment